MSI launches the S20 Slider 2 convertible
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a loyal reader of notebookcheck? Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team!
News Editor, Review Editor (Smartphones) - Details here
MSI has just revealed the S20 Slider 2 convertible, a portable that "eliminates the limitations most people feel when they use tablets" and "incorporates the thin elegant design and full HD resolution of an ultrabook along with the smooth touch control, multi-angle view screen of a tablet."
The MSI S20 Slider 2 features a keyboard and sliding cover, as well as a long-life embedded battery that provides enough power to the Haswell processor and the 11.6-inch display. These are the detailed specs of the new convertible from MSI:
- Processor: 4th generation Haswell Core i5 with integrated HD 4600 graphics
- Memory/Storage: up to 8 GB DDR3-1333; 128 GB mSATA SSD
- Display: 11.6-inch Full HD IPS with 10 point multi-touch
- Camera: HD webcam
- Connectivity: mini HDMI, 2XUSB 3.0, RJ45 LAN, Intel WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, Gigabit Ethernet
- Operating system: Windows 8.1
- Battery: embedded 3-cell 3,800 mAh
- Weight/Dimensions: 2.56 pounds; 11.81X7.74X0.78 inches
While the Slider 2 features a keyboard with 87 keys it does not offer a touchpad, but the multi-touch display or a mouse connected via one of the USB 3.0 ports should be enough for most users. The convertible is rumored to cost around $1,200 but MSI did not provide any pricing and availability information yet.