MSI introduces GT70 2OL mobile workstation with i7 Haswell processor
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a loyal reader of notebookcheck? Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team!
News Editor, Review Editor (Smartphones) - Details here
MSI has just announced the introduction of its updated GT70 2OL professional laptop for 3D CAD and modeling. Advertised as "one of the most high-speed 3D computing laptops," this mobile workstation now comes equipped with a high-end Core i7 processor, NVIDIA Quadro graphics and support for up to 4 external displays.
The GT70 2OL also packs MSI-exclusive features like Cooler Boost 2 and Super RAID 2, being a machine certified by both Autodesk and Solidworks. These are its technical specs:
- Processor: Intel Core i7-4700MQ
- Memory/Storage: up to 32 GB DDR3-1600; up to 384 GB Super RAID 2 + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD
- Optical drive: BluRay writer/Blu-ray Combo/DVD Super Multi
- Display: 17.3-inch Full HD anti-glare with 1,920X1,080 pixels
- Graphics adapter: NVIDIA Quadro K4100M with 4 GB GDDR5
- Camera: HD webcam (capable of 30 fps)
- Connectivity: Qualcomm Killer DoubleShot LAN/WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0, SD card reader, 3XUSB 3.0 and 2XUSB 2.0, HDMI, mini Display-Port, D-Sub
- Operating system: Windows 8 Pro or Windows 7 Professional
- Battery: 9-cell
- Weight/Dimensions: 8.6 pounds; 16.85X11.34X2.16 inches
In addition to the above, the MSI GT70 2OL comes with 2x2W speakers and subwoofer, backlit SteelSeries keyboard and Audio Boost sound technology with Gold Flash audio jack. Unfortunately, details on availability and pricing are yet to be known.