MAINGEAR launches the Pulse 17 gaming notebook
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a loyal reader of notebookcheck? Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team!
News Editor, Review Editor (Smartphones) - Details here
MAINGEAR launched the new Pulse 17 gaming laptop yesterday. At less than 0.9 inches thick, this portable gaming machine offers excellent performance in a thin and light package. According to the official product page, the MAINGEAR Pulse 17 is "the thinnest and lightest gaming notebook" ever built by the American computer manufacturer headquartered in Kenilworth, New Jersey.
With a weight of less than 6 pounds, the Pulse 17 has the following base configuration:
- Processor: Intel Core i7 4700HQ
- Memory/Storage: 16 GB DDR3; dual 128 GB mSATA SSDs in RAID 0 and 1 TB HDD
- Display: 17.3-inch Full HD LED backlit
- Graphics adapter: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 765M with 2 GB GDDR5 and NVIDIA Optimus technology
- Connectivity: Killer Gaming NIC, 802.11n WiFi and optional 802.11ac, 7-in-1 media card reader, 1 HDMI out, 4XUSB 3.0, 2 mini display ports, 1 RJ-45 LAN
- Audio: Creative Sound Blaster Cinema with 2 speakers and subwoofer
- Operating System: Windows 8 Home, Professional or Ultimate 64-bit (Windows 7 also available)
- Dimensions: 16.47X0.85X11.29 inches
The price starts at $2,099 and can go much higher depending on the configuration chosen. Unfortunately, there are no options to replace the processor, memory or the graphics adapter, but buyers can choose one of the following:
- 8 exterior paints available for $199 (Alpine White, Burnt Orange Metallic, Rosso Scuderia, Synergy Green and four others)
- Secondary display (up to a huge 46-inch Samsung 460EX 1920x1080 LCD Monitor for $2,599)
- Cyborg V.5 gaming keyboard ($59.99 or $99.99 when painted to match the custom exteriors mentioned above)
- Other peripherals such as headphones, speakers or gaming mice
The MAINGEAR Pulse 17 can be purchased and customized online on www.maingear.com or by calling 1-888-MAINGEAR. Shipments will begin on Monday.