Lenovo finally ships its first 4K laptop, the IdeaPad Y50 UHD
Lenovo revealed its first 4K laptop a few months ago, but its launch was delayed due to unknown reasons. The IdeaPad Y50 UHD finally went on sale yesterday and there are two models available, one which starts at $1,299.99 USD and another with a base setup priced at $1,599.99 USD.
The two models available have the same main specs, the only differences being in the memory (main and video memory as well) and storage departments, as you can see below:
- Processor: 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7-4710HQ
- Memory/Storage: 8 GB or 16 GB; 1 TB hybrid drive or 512 GB SSD
- Display: 15.6-inch glossy UHD LED with 3,840X2,160 pixels
- Video adapter: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M with 2 GB or 4 GB
- Camera: 720p webcam
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.0, Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160, 2XUSB 3.0, 1XUSB 2.0, HDMI out, 4-in-1 card reader
- Operating system: Windows 8.1 64-bit
The Lenovo IdeaPad Y50 UHD promises up to 5 hours of battery life while browsing the Web on WiFi and also features premium JBL speakers and a backlit AccuType keyboard. It can be purchased from Lenovo's online store and comes with one year limited warranty.