LG launches G3 Beat smartphone
Review Editor - Details here
News Editor - Details here
Russian Translator - Details here
The notorious LG G3 just got a smaller sibling, namely the LG G3 Beat. The company announced its official launch yesterday and the handset will reach South Korea starting today, while the rest of the world will follow in the weeks to come.
LG G3 Beat will launch in Europe and the CIS as LG G3 S. These are its highlights:
- Processor: 1.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400
- Display: 5-inch HD IPS with 1,280X720 pixels and 294ppi
- Memory/Storage: 1 GB RAM; 8 GB internal storage and microSD support
- Cameras: 1.3 MP front, 8 MP back with laser auto focus
- Conectivity: 4G LTE, HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, GPS with A-GPS and GLONASS
- Operating System: Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- Battery: 2,540mAh (removable)
- Weight/Size: 0.3 pounds; 5.42X2.74X0.41 inches
- Colors: Metallic Black, Silk White, Shine Gold
Next to laser auto focus, the LG G3 Beat also features Gesture Shot, Touch & Shoot, QuickMemo+ or Smart Keyboard. According to the official press release, its screen-to-body ratio of over 74 percent is "the highest in the mid-tier smartphone segment."
Pricing and availability will be announced locally at launch. We will get back to this handset as soon as it reaches the US.