Kogan announces the Agora quad-core smartphone
Australian company Kogan announced the Agora 5.0" quad-core smartphone, a budget handset that is now on presale and will ship on October 9. The manufacturer advertises it as "best value Android smartphone on the market" which offers features "usually found in smartphones four times the price."
The new Kogan Agora smartphone (this is not the first Kogan handset using this name) has the following specs:
- Processor: unspecified quad-core clocked at 1.2GHz
- Display: 5.0-inch IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 1,280X720 pixels
- Memory/Storage: 1 GB RAM; 4 GB ROM and microSD slot, up to 32 GB
- Cameras: 8 MP back, 2 MP front
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, USB 2.0, GPS, 3G (no 4G LTE support)
- Operating system: Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
- Weight/Dimensions: 0.34 pounds; 5.67X2.91X0.43 inches
- Battery: 2,000 mAh
Kogan offers 1 year international warranty, 14-day money back guarantee and optional warranty extension to 3 years ($29) or 5 years ($39). The dual SIM Kogan Agora 5.0" quad-core smartphone is available directly and exclusively from Kogan.com and costs only $189 (plus shipping), unlocked and contract free.