HTC M8 receives its WiFi certification
After more than a few rumors concerning HTC One's follower, the first bits of official information regarding the upcoming HTC flagship handset are finally out thanks to the Wi-Fi Alliance and the Interoperability Certificate it awarded to the device.
Unfortunately the amount of useful information revealed by the document mentioned above is close to none, as it only reveals that HTC M8/One 2 will feature dual band WiFi capabilities and will use Android. The device has no official name yet but TechRadar already came up with a video showing an exclusive 3D concept, next to the following features:
- Processor: 2.3 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 800 with Adreno 330 graphics
- Memory/Storage: 3 GB RAM; 16/32/64 GB internal storage and microSD support
- Display: 5-inch 2k Super LCD3 active touchscreen with 2,560X1,440 pixels, 587 ppi and Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Camera: 10 MP UltraPixel back, 2.1 MP front
- Operating system: Android 4.4 KitKat with HTC Sense 6.0
- Battery: 4,000 mAh
The upcoming handset is also expected to feature a fingerprint sensor, but everything must be taken with a grain of salt until HTC decides to reveal more about its future flagship device, at least its name for the time being.