Eurocom launches X5 high performance laptop
Eurocom unveiled the new X5 high performance laptop last Friday. According to the official press release about it, this "fully upgradeable laptop is built for school and beyond" and stands as "a perfect example of the flexibility Eurocom laptops offer."
As any other Eurocom laptop, the X5 can be customized as needed, but not only on the inside - various external accessories can be added to the order as well. This is the base configuration listed by Eurocom's website for $1,559 USD:
- Processor: Intel Core i7-4700MQ
- Memory/Storage: 16 GB DDR3L - 1600Mhz; 500 GB Hybrid Drive with 64 MB cache
- Display: 17.3-inch non-glare backlit LED with 1,920X1,080 pixels
- Graphics adapter: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770M with 3 GB GDDR5
- Optical drive: 8X Multi DVD Burner
- Webcam: 2 MP capable of 30 fps Full HD video shooting
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11 b/g/n and Bluetooth 4.0 combo, 3XUSB 3.0, 1XUSB 2.0, 9-in-1 card reader, HDMI, Firewire 400, DisplayPort 1.2, eSATA/USB 3.0
- Operating System: none
- Weight/Dimensions: 9 pounds; 16.56X11.44X10-1.84 inches
- Battery/Autonomy: 8-cell Smart Li-Ion 76.96 Whr; up to 5 hours in UMA mode
The Eurocom X5 is based on the Clevo P177SM barebone and includes a fingerprint reader and a subwoofer, while the highlights of the options available include high-end NVIDIA Quadro K5100M graphics with 8 GB GDDR5 ($1,794 USD more), Intel Core i7-4940MX Extreme processor (add $963 USD), or various combinations of up to 5 internal drives (RAID 0/1/5/10 supported).
Standard warranty is one year and includes one year of technical support as well. The Eurocom X5 can be configured and ordered directly from Eurocom's website.