Blu unveils the 4.5-inch Life Pure mini Android smartphone
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a loyal reader of notebookcheck? Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team!
News Editor, Review Editor (Smartphones) - Details here
Blu Products has just added a new product to its Life Pure series of Android smartphones, the 4.5-inch Life Pure mini. According to its manufacturer, this handset is "a powerful yet compact version" of the Life Pure flagship and also the perfect choice for users "who wish to own a piece of modern art."
This handset is built using the latest CNC technology out of a single polycarbonate piece, then each device is hand crafted. These are the main specs and features of the Blu Life Pure mini smartphone:
- Processor: 1.5 GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6589T with PowerVR SGX554 graphics
- Memory/Storage: 1 GB RAM; 16 GB internal storage, but no microSD slot
- Display: 4.5-inch scratch resistant IPS LED backlit with 720X1,280 pixels and 326 ppi built by Japan Display
- Audio: DTS surround, Dual Mic Noise cancelation and Stereo Recording
- Cameras: 2 MP front, 8 MP rear with autofocus and LED flash, BSI sensor
- Connectivity: 42 Mbps HSPA+, Bluetooth 4.0, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, micro USB 2.0, GPS, FM radio
- Operating system: Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
- Software improvements: custom UI and smart gesture features such as Smart Dial, Smart Answer, Picture Air Browse or Gesture Answer
- Weight/Dimensions: 0.33 pounds; 5.12X2.54X0.35 inches
- Battery/Autonomy: non-removable 3,000 mAh; up to 35 hours of average usage on a single charge
Unfortunately the capability of this handset to shoot 1080p videos does not go well with the lack of a microSD card slot, since the 16 GB internal memory can quickly fill up when recording such footage.
The Blue Life Pure mini is already in production and shipping to distributors, dealers and online retailers in the US and Latin America. It is available in Matte Black or Polished White and sells for $249 unlocked. Future software updates will be available via Blu's Wireless Update feature so a KitKat software refresh should arrive later this year, although it was not officially confirmed yet.