Archos 80 Helium 4G offers 4G LTE capabilities for less than $250
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a loyal reader of notebookcheck? Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team!
News Editor, Review Editor (Smartphones) - Details here
Next to the three new Android smartphones aimed at budget-conscious users revealed earlier this week, French company Archos also announced the first 8-inch tablet in the world able to provide 4G LTE connectivity for less than $250. Apart from this capability, the Archos 80 Helium 4G does not have other outstanding features, but in the end it may prove to be a good choice for those who are looking for a cheap 4G LTE-capable tablet and nothing more.
Archos 80 Helium 4G offers the following specs and features:
- Processor: quad-core 1.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 with Adreno 305 graphics
- Memory/Storage: 1 GB memory; 8 GB internal storage and microSD support
- Display: 8-inch IPS multi-touch with 1,024X768 pixels
- Cameras: 2 MP front, 5 MP back with autofocus and LED flash, capable of 1080p video recording
- Connectivity: WiFi and WiFi Hotspot, 4G and 3G, Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP and EDR, GPS with A-GPS, micro USB 2.0
- Operating system: Android 4.3 Jelly Bean
- Battery: Li-ion 3,500 mAh
This slate offers full access to the Google Play Store and will be shown at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona between February 24 and 27 at Archos' booth located in Hall 1, booth 1F20. The release date is still unknown, but the tablet is expected to cost $249 in the United States and this week's show should bring more information.