MWC 2014 | Alcatel unveils OneTouch POP 7S tablet with Android KitKat and 4G LTE connectivity
Back in early January, Alcatel OneTouch announced the POP 7 Android tablet and advertised it as "the world’s thinnest and lightest seven-inch tablet available in the entry level segment." Now the 4G LTE version has just been unveiled in Barcelona, at the Mobile World Congress. This new variant is called Pop 7S and will target budget-conscious buyers as its plastic build with rather large bezels clearly shows.
Alcatel OneTouch did not reveal any accurate information regarding pricing and availability yet. These are the main specs of the POP 7S tablet:
- Processor: quad-core 1.2 GHz (unspecified brand and model)
- Memory/Storage: unknown
- Display: 7-inch IPS multi-touch with 600X1,024 pixels
- Cameras: VGA front, 3 MP back (without autofocus or flash)
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS with A-GPS, micro USB 2.0
- Operating system: Android 4.4 KitKat
- Weight: 0.63 pounds
Despite its low density screen and modest design, the Alcatel OneTouch POP 7S could be an interesting choice even on the US market if the price is right, but that remains to be seen. As Alcatel OneTouch mentioned back in January, this 4G LTE slate should hit the stores in Q2 2014.
See our Top 10 Notebooks:
Top 10 Tablets / Smartphones: