- A powerful full featured notebook with a 15.6" full HD display, the Acer Aspire R7-572 now offers increased performance and up to 6.5 hours of battery life(1) through a
4th generation Intel Core i5 processor.
- The new R7-572 includes a digitizer in the touchscreen, allowing it to work with an optional Acer active stylus. This provides users with more options for creating and collaborating on the unique movable display.
- The R7-572 also includes Intel Wireless Display technology (WiDi), 8GB memory and a 1TB hard drive(2).
- The R7-572 is available exclusively at Best Buy for $899.99(3).
SAN JOSE, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 11/21/13 -- Acer America today announced the immediate availability of the new Aspire R7-572, the second generation of Acer's revolutionary notebook that redefined the touch and type computing experience through its unique Ezel-Hinge. The Ezel-Hinge allows the display to flip, reverse, lie flat or float above the keyboard to maximize usability.
New features include a 4th Generation Intel processor for increased battery life and performance, more memory and a larger hard drive. And continuing to deliver the best touch and type computing experience, it also includes support for an optional active stylus pen and a new set of apps called Acer Touch Tools that make using the touchscreen easier and more productive.
"Acer is continually striving to improve how our customers interact with technology," said Sumit Agnihotry, vice president, product marketing, Acer America. "The new R7-572 builds upon the unique design of the first generation model, bringing more options and greater functionality to our R7 customers."
Active Stylus Enhances Creativity and Productivity
Making the notebook's movable display even more useful than ever, the R7-572 can be used with an optional Acer active stylus (sold separately), made by N-trig. Customers can write notes, markup documents or photos, draw pictures or make simple lists directly on the R7's high-definition touchscreen, just as if they were using regular pen and paper.
Some of the most popular applications supporting the N-trig active stylus technology include all the Microsoft Office applications, Adobe Photoshop and Autodesk Sketchbook (for drawing).
The stylus can also be used with gesture controls at the same time; this allows greater accuracy and comfort when writing and drawing. For instance, users can resize a picture with a pinching gesture and adjust fine details with the pen.
The Acer active stylus with DuoSense® uses electromagnetic induction technology, resulting in a greater range of pen strokes and more natural writing. It provides high accuracy, hover capabilities for precise system control, rapid refresh to accurately capture ink subtleties, 256 distinct levels of pressure sensitivity for more exact control and input, and advanced palm rejection capabilities for natural and intuitive computing experience. The pen offers a customizable ID, including interchangeable tips and configurable side buttons.
The Acer active stylus uses electromagnetic induction technology, resulting in a greater range of pen strokes and more natural writing. It provides high accuracy, hover capabilities for precise system control, rapid refresh to accurately capture ink subtleties, 256 distinct levels of pressure sensitivity for more exact control and input, and advanced palm rejection capabilities for natural and intuitive computing experience. The pen offers a customizable ID, including interchangeable tips and configurable side buttons.
Acer Touch Tools Enhance the Touch Experience
The R7-572 also includes a set of Acer Touch Tool apps that make using the R7's touchscreen more intuitive, fun and productive.
- The Acer MemoryBinder enables users to put cherished memories together by arranging photos, adding realistic paint brush effects, and telling a story with personal messages.
- Acer Screen Grasp allows any image to be easily captured, personalized and shared to social networks or pasted to documents.
- Acer Scrapboard makes it easy to collect images and ideas from the web for reference or share.
- Acer AccuFinger helps accurately place the cursor in text documents and acquire tiny items on the screen when using fingers.
The R7-572-6423 Offers Powerful Performance
The R7-572 is a full featured notebook PC featuring Windows 8.1 with a 15.6-inch Full HD(4) 1920x1080 touchscreen display with IPS technology, a 4th Generation Intel Core i5-4200U processor, 8GB of memory, a 1TB hard drive, and a full-size backlit keyboard. It also includes a volume control button, HDMI port, SD card reader, audio jacks, three USB ports, WiFi, Bluetooth and a convenient converter port supporting VGA, RJ45 and USB. For those who want connect to a big screen TV, WiDi makes it easy to connect wirelessly.
The R7 also includes a premium sound system featuring Dolby Digital Plus and four 2 watt speakers for a total of 8 watts. Because of its transformative design, the audio channels automatically reverse when switching modes, so sound is always perfect.
Four-in-One Design Lets Users Have it Their Way
With four modes of operation, the R7 can easily be used as a traditional notebook, a table top pad, a display, or switched into "Ezel" mode, allowing the screen to float over the keyboard at various angles. The Ezel Hinge makes it easy to switch the display around, to touch or type while creating, browsing or sharing content. Dual hinge technology allows for single-hand switching between modes and keeps the display rock-steady when touched.
Availability and Pricing
Best Buy is Acer's exclusive retail partner for the R7 Series of notebooks. The R7-572-6423 has an MSRP of $899.99 (USD)(3). The Acer active stylus will also available at Best Buy, and has an MSRP of $49 (USD)(3). Both will be available in stores and online in early December.
Established in 1976, Acer is an information and communication technology company dedicated to the research, design, marketing, sale and support of innovative products that enhance people's lives. Acer's green supply chain delivers environmentally friendly PCs, displays, projectors, servers, tablets and smartphones -- tools our customers need to explore beyond limits and experience more. Ranked No. 3 for notebooks globally (IDC 2012), Acer employs 8,000 people, and 2012 revenues reached US$14.7 billion. Please visit www.acer.com for more information.
© 2013 Acer America Corporation. All rights reserved. Acer and the Acer logo are registered trademarks of Acer Inc. Other trademarks, registered trademarks, and/or service marks, indicated or otherwise, are the property of their respective owners.
(1) Actual battery life varies depending on product specifications, computer settings and applications or features launched. All batteries' maximum capacity diminishes with time and use.
(2) For hard drives, TB = 1 trillion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less as some space is reserved for system recovery software.
(3) Estimated street prices. Actual prices may vary.
(4) HD content required to view HD images.