Acer announces Aspire E 14 and E 15 notebook series
Earlier today, Acer announced the Aspire E 14 and E 15 notebook series that offer increased flexibility and have been built "with time-tested technologies ideal for users who require everyday productivity and infotainment at an affordable price." These new portables are available in "a variety of fashionable colors" that have been made available "to accentuate users’ personalities."
The Acer Aspire E notebooks can be configured as needed and they feature both glare or matte, touch and non-touch screens, as well as optional M-DISC Ready Drive. These are the main options available:
- Processor: 2014 AMD A-Series APU or Intel Core "Haswell"
- Memory/Storage: up to 16 GB RAM; up to 1 TB hard drive storage
- Display: 14-inch or 15.6-inch, Full HD LED or HD, touch or non-touch, matte or glare
- Dedicated graphics: AMD Radeon R series or NVIDIA GeForce 800M series
- Connectivity: WiFi, Bluetooth, HDMI
- Operating system: Windows 8.1
- Colors available: Piano Black, Pearl White, Glossy Copper, Ruby Red, Topaz Blue, and Jade Green (Aspire E 14) or Midnight Black, Titanium Silver, Tiger’s Eye Brown, Sapphire Blue, and Garnet Red (Aspire E 15)
The Acer Aspire E series notebooks come with AcerCloud built-in to automatically sync data across multiple devices. The 15.6-inch Acer Aspire E 15 is Skype Certified and provides "one of the best voice over IP (VoIP) experiences."
Both the Acer Aspire E 14 and E 15 will hit the US starting at $299 USD in June. More info on availability, pricing and detailed specifications of various configurations will be available soon.
See our Top 10 Notebooks:
Top 10 Tablets / Smartphones: