IFA 2013 | ASUS announces Transformer Book T300 ultraportable
In a press conference held yesterday at IFA 2013, Asus unveiled an interesting ultraportable, namely the Asus Transformer Book T300. More than just a light and powerful laptop, the Transformer Book T300 can also be used as a Windows 8 tablet. This way, the device offers the portability of a slate and versatility that only a full keyboard can provide.
These are the main features of the Asus Transformer Book T300 in a glance:
- Processor: one Intel Core i3-4010U, i5-4200U, or i7-4500
- Memory: 8 GB DDR3
- Graphics accelerator: Intel HD 4000
- Display: 13.3-inch 1080p Full HD , 10-point touch multi-touch
- Cameras: 720p front and 1080p on the back
- Connectivity: USB 3.0 and micro HDMI
- Audio: stereo speakers with ASUS SonicMaster audio technology
- Operating system: Windows 8
- Battery: up to 8 hours on a single charge
Next to the above, the Book T300 "also features cutting-edge multi-touch digitizer technology that detects a 6mm contact point, rather than the 9mm recommended by Microsoft for Windows 8".
Unfortunately, pricing and availability of the Asus Transformer Book T300 are not public yet.